Ingredients To Make Egg Rolls - Melva's Recipe That She Uses.
Everyone Seems To Love them !
- 3 lbs. ground beef or half beef and half pork or 2/3 beef and 1/3 chopped shrimp
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/3 cup turnip chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup green or red pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon barbecue meat marinade
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or any cooking oil available
- 3 packs of (25 each) super thin spring roll shells, (Weichuan), cut in half into
triangle sections when ready to use. Keep them frozen until use !!!!
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Wrap I teaspoon of combined ingredients in a super-thin spring roll shell. Wet the end with water to seal. Deep fry until golden brown and serve with sweet and sour sauce or light soy sauce with vinegar and garlic.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon onion minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 11/2 tablespoon corn starch dissolved in water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Fry onion and garlic together, add water and vinegar, bring it to a boil, add brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from stove and add in corn starch to thicken.
Light Soy Sauce - Vinegar &Garlic Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic crush
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
Combine all together and refrigerate overnight !